Sunday 20 February 2011

Animation fun

I wrote in the previous post that I wouldn't attempt to make any fractal zooms myself anytime soon, but obviously I lied. Right after I had posted it, I decided to figure out how to make fractal animations and it is a lot easier than I thought. All you need is Ultra Fractal(animation edition) and patience. And of course a tutorial is very useful too. I skimmed through the animation tutorial that came with UF and started experimenting with zooms right away. These are two of the videos I made, the first one is from a Mandelbrot fractal and the second is a Phoenix Julia. They are pretty short and a bit choppy, but for being my first attempts at animation, I'm pretty happy with the result. The only downside is that they take forever to render. The Mandelbrot video is only 23 seconds long and really small, and it took more than an hour! Imagine how long it would take to render a 5 minute video! Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...