Tuesday 28 December 2010

My New Year's Resolutions

It has been a while since last time I posted, but I just haven't felt like blogging lately. However, now I'm going to try to change my habit of being inactive and lazy, and try to post at least once a week, even if I haven't been able to make any good fractals. I'll just have to show you the crappy ones, which really won't be a problem because most of the fractals I make look terrible. For every good fractal I post online, there are at least 20 failed, disfigured monster-fractals lurking in my Render-folder, ruining my confidence and making me cringe everytime I look at them. They're evil I tell you! >=(

Also, in addition to becoming a better blogger, I want to learn how to use Blender (a free 3D-program). I've always wanted to learn how to make 3D-art, and I have finally decided to do something about it. Well, actually I have decided to do so a few times before, without much success. I downloaded Blender more than 6 months ago, but I just read a few tutorials, opened the program a couple of times, failed miserably at understanding it and kind of gave up. I kept telling myself: "I'm too tired and my brain is just not functioning properly today, I'll give it a try tomorrow instead", which of course lead to me never doing anything. Well, now it's all going to change and I'm gonna learn Blender. I've spent the last few days reading the Blender Wiki and admiring the gallery on the homepage, and I think I'll soon be ready to start creating 3D stuff myself. Oh joy!

And I'm finally going to buy a new drawing tablet for my computer. I used to have one years ago and I had a lot of fun making digital paintings and drawing with Photoshop, but it broke after a while and I didn't feel like buying a new one. However, now I feel like painting again and if everything goes as planned, I'll buy a tablet tomorrow. I also want to buy a kneaded eraser so I can start doing pencil drawings again, because I haven't drawn for a very long time and I miss it. I've always enjoyed drawing, but the last few years I just haven't found time or inspiration to do anything. But since my boyfriend is away for two weeks now and the next semester doesn't start until February, I think I'll have plenty of time to draw and be artsy. My boyfriend actually asks me quite often why I have stopped drawing, and I'm never really able to come up with any other excuses other than me being too lazy and uninspired to lift up the pencil =D

So, my New Year's resolutions for 2011 are:
1. Blog more often, at least once a week
2. Learn to use Blender and make (awesome) 3D art
3. Buy a tablet and start painting with Photoshop again
4. Do more pencil drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...